debian-installer on ppc64

Hi,

We tested debian-installer (daily build from a day ago) on a ppc64 box
and found a few issues. To keep life interesting, we also used a 2.6
kernel.

1. Installer requires devfs support. In 2.6 devfs is pretty much
   deprecated, so it would be nice if d-i could handle a non devfs kernel.
   It doesnt look like there are too many places that care. The initrd had
   an empty /dev, thats easily fixed. It looks like the stuff that parses
   /proc/partitions expects devfs style names but I havent looked into the
   code yet.

2. Installer cant find any packages. Hacking the kernel to return "ppc"
   instead of "ppc64" fixes this problem. Im guessing the sparc64 port
   of d-i has solved this problem, we just need it too.

3. No fdisk found. For some reason only mac-fdisk was available in the
   install image.

4. shm is not a valid filesystem in 2.6. Changing /sbin/init to use
   tmpfs fixed this.

Anton