Re: Netscape 4.7x for Debian/PPC?

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Hubert Figuiere wrote:

> On lun, 2003-11-10 at 14:17, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
>
> > I them wrote a short and polite e-mail requesting that they stop scripting with
> > specific browsers in mind and instead rely upon W3C standards.  I even pointed
> > out that since they are a Tech Jobs site, then they really ought to accomodate
> > whatever geeks are using and not force everyone to keep an old version of NS.
> >
> > Never even got _one_ reply back.
>
> What did you expect ?

See the following quote from your own experience:

> When I e-mailed the webmaster, he replied "Nobody complained".

Complaining is exactly what I did. Getting all of your friends (and all their
friends) to complain is the first step towards getting them to at least admit
there is a problem, in the first place, and thereafter get around fixing it.

For as long as nobody complains, nothing gets fixed. It's as simple as that.

--
Martin-Éric Racine, ICT Consultant
http://www.pp.fishpool.fi/~q-funk/