configuring Xfree for pmac 7300 & woody, help!....

Hi,

I have woody installed on a pmac 7300 (works pretty much as I would
want).  I have experience with Debian on Intel, but not on ppc.  I tried
running xf86config but the choices dont make much sense to me and gdm
hangs on boot.

I tried Xautoconfig v.22 (requires glibc6 newer that woodys'), I tried
Xautoconfig v.13 but seems to hang.

I have searched for a guide on how to configure xwindows on an old-world
ppc with no success.  Any help or pointers would greatly be appreciated.

tia