Install without HFS drive?

Greetings all,

I've started a second linux partition on my system and I would like to
make it into an alternate boot partition.  I do not know how to
copy /dev files (among others) to mirror the file system. I imagine that
would also have problems because /usr/bin files would not be around for
startup scripts. So...

I would like to do a new Woody installation on this new partition with
it's own feature set.

However, I installed from an HFS-compatible booter, and it appears my HFS
booter will not work on an ext2 volume.

Is there a Debian booter/install script that will run on an ext2 drive
for PowerPC systems?  Can I use the same swap space?  Any other
suggestions?

Thanks
`ryan