Re: Powerbook G4 17"

Hi Michel,

You are correct. I didn't read the README at http://penguinppc.org/~daniels/xfree86/README I had read the README at http://penguinppc.org/~daniels/xfree86/archive/README which is what google through up at me.
Thanks for the pointer.

Last time I looked (not that long ago), XF 4.3 wasn't in unstable but maybe it is now? I'll take a closer look.

One think I don't understand is why it takes so long to get XF86 in unstable. I mean XF86 4.4 is due for release at the end of the year and 4.3 isn't even in testing
   # apt-get update
   # apt-cache show xserver-xfree86 | grep Ver
   Version: 4.2.1-12.1
   Version: 4.1.0-16woody1
   Version: 4.1.0-16

I can understand stable not having a recent version of X, but unstable should at least have 4.3 one would think, considering 4.4 is just around the corner.

Cheers,
Brendan Simon.

Michel Dänzer wrote:

Seems you didn't read http://penguinppc.org/~daniels/xfree86/README
though:

"I no longer provide XFree86 4.3 debs from this location, as the
official X Strike Force packages are now available from Debian proper:
 deb http://debian.mirror/debian/ ../project/experimental/ main
and will soon work their way into unstable.

For more information, please see http://people.debian.org/~branden/xsf/

-- Daniel Stone <daniel@fooishbar.org>  Tue Aug 12 11:04:37 EST 2003"