Re: OT - worm problem

On (28/10/03 14:36), dylan wrote:
> I have tried to implement such a scheme with an exim system filter... but
> strangely enough it only *sort of* works... about half of the emails come
> through... or if i wait long enough it seems like all of them do...(but only
> on weekdays? :)  )
>
> has anyone put together some exim-style rules for filtering swen-related
> junk?
Hi Dylan

Not sure if you're using a POP 3 account but I've been using mailfilter
to delete these from the server prior to download with fetchmail and it
works pretty well.  Let me know if you want the rc file off list.  Even
if you aren't using POP3, you may be able to adapt it for filtering in
Exim.

There have been a lot of posts on this on Debian-User search on:
Insidious Spam/swen/Garbage
How to stop viruses at SMTP time
speedy spam
spam software