Re: Modem on the iBook2

On Tue, 2003-10-21 at 17:56, Colin Charles wrote:

> 1. How do I get my software modem working? Most of the time this is not
> needed, but I'll be away from home in a few weeks and while travelling
> on the road, getting the software modem working will be cool. wvdialconf
> doesn't pick it up :( neither does kppp.

For all that responded, thanks.

My iBook's modem didn't work well with what was available from the
website (www.linuxant.com). However, a friend send me
0.99lnxbeta03042703ppc and that worked!

I did find a copy of 0.98 beta lying on the Net as well, but that was a
no go for me as well.

The beta works fine, gives me 56k speeds, but the sleep issue exists, so
removing the hcf drivers before sleep is very important!

--
Colin Charles, byte@aeon.com.my
OpenOffice.org Unofficial FAQ: