Re: Xfree86 help on PowerBook 17

Hi,

Brendan J Simon writes:

> I did get X going on my PB17 once. I thought I had got to the bottom
> of it.  Now it wont work and it is the exact same XF86Config-4.

Which 17" Powerbook?  Among other things, Apple changed the video
hardware with the last model upgrade.  My 1.33GHz 17" Powerbook is
running nicely with radeonfb from a 2.6.0-test7-ben0 kernel and
XFree86 4.3.99 from Michel's dri-trunk packages.

> I also notice when trying to use Mac-On-Linux that there are some
> video mode files.
> Does XF86 use any of these files???

No.  Most of these files are used by molvconfig to set up the mode
database that mol uses.  And /etc/fb.modes is used by fbset.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!