Re: Proposed patch: ppcdetect -> archdetect

On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 11:52:06AM -0500, Rolf Brudeseth wrote:

> Sven,
>
> I would like to test the chrp-rs6k image and use it in conjunction with di;
> however, I need zImage (or zImage.inetd) for network install, and the
> vmlinux image.
>
> It is not clear to me what these .deb and .udeb files are. A readme file
> would help.

Install the kernel-image-2.4.22-powerpc-chrp-rs6k package, and you
should get the zImage.chrp-rs6k which is called
/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.22-powerpc.

I don't know about zImage.inetd, but i suppose the above should do, is
zImage.inetd a special zImage you build with the zImage.inetd target in
the toplevel kernel makefile ?

I also don't provide the vmlinux image for chrp-rs6k, since i think that
you don't need it, the zImage/chrp-rs6k should be enough, but please
enlighten me about the usage you want to make of it, and i will
reconsider.

Friendly,

Sven Luther