Re: cryptopatch for kernel 2.4.21 fails on ibook

hi,

> Looks like you have to compile your losetup and mount yourself from the
> util-linux package, see the following bug :-/
> <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=206396>
>
> Essentially the losetup doesn't use the file /proc/crypto that is
> provided by the 2.4.22 kernel, the strace call from the bugreport quite
> obviously shows this.
>
> Also see further explainations in this thread
> <http://mail.nl.linux.org/linux-crypto/2003-09/msg00022.html>,
> especially <http://mail.nl.linux.org/linux-crypto/2003-09/msg00027.html>

thx alot.
but actually this is not quite what i was looking for. i dont have the time and skill to do (and
understand) that. isnt there maybe a precompiled kernel package out there that just gives me a console to decrypt my
data and copy it somewhereelse and then forget about encryption in the future?

> I guess you don't have the old gentoo arround anymore to recover your data

i am sorry but no

thx
ffpx flo