Re: make-kpkg failure

On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 02:04:22PM +0200, Hubert Figuiere wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-10-20 at 13:55, Sven Luther wrote:

> > > Yeah, but prpmc subarch ain't available :-) Hence the patch.
> >
> > Mmm, what is this one, what kernel do you use, and how do you boot into
> > it ?
>
> PrPMC 750 PCI Mezzanine card (Motorola)
> <http://mcg.motorola.com/cfm/templates/datasheet.cfm?PageID=1147&ProductID=68&PageTypeID=3>. I use devel tree out of BK tree on bkbits.net. It is a MontaVista port, but now in the main PPC tree.
> It boots using Motorola PPCBug, using "zImage.pplus" kernel dd'ed onto
> the first partition of the CompactFlash card.

The sarge debian-installer should not support it, but if you would help
us with it, this may eventually change. All that is needed is a proper
kernel-image package and assorted udebs, and a boot-loader installer, as
well as support for subarch detection in archdetect.

If you are interested, tell us about it.

> > Sending the patch to Manoj, the kernel-package maintainer would also be
> > a good idea.
>
> I will see. Possibly. That'll help me not patching every system we might
> want to build on.

Yep.

Friendly,

Sven Luther