Panther-Upgrade and no more linux on PBG4 12"

Hello everybody,

after months of smooth working testing on PBG4 12" I experienced a
rather severe problem, which started after upgrading my MacOSX two days ago.

Short descripton of my PB: Debian testing rather up-to-date with
2.4.22-benh kernel (CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDE_PMAC_ATA100FIRST = yes), yaboot
1.3.10, and macosx with default booting to debian.

Problem: After the upgrade any trial to boot linux-kernel fails after
a few lines of kernel-messages with four or five <openpic: ...> -messages.
The last one is

    openpic: exit

After that the boot-process stops and the PB does round one second
later a power-down =8-|.

I tried to use my boot-cd pressing C-button - same behavior.

I tried Cmd-Opt-P-R with three chimes - same behavior.

I tried Cmd-Power - long beep and Cmd-Opt-P-R with three chimes - same
behavior.

Not that I had a real idea what's going on here - but I have not the
smallest idea how to get back debian on my PB |-(((.

So my questions are:
Did anybody experience this problem or can imagine what went wrong
here.

Would there be possibly another place better to ask about this
problem.

Gratefully in advance and greetings from Austria

--

M.f.G.

Georg Koss

mailto: g.koss@nextra.at