Re: low latency patch on powerpc won't compile: fbcon_cfb16_putcs: underfined reference

On Sat, Oct 04, 2003 at 04:55:38PM -0700, Marshal Wong wrote:
> I'm trying to compile the low latency patch with the powerpc kernel.  I
> patched the kernel, and edited arch/ppc/config.in to allow me to select
> it.
>
> However, when I compile, It always dies with this message.
>
> [...]
> drivers/video/video.o(.text+0xda50): In function `fbcon_cfb16_putcs':
> : undefined reference to `conditional_schedule'
> make[1]: *** [vmlinux] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/kernel-source-2.4.22'
> make: *** [stamp-build] Error 2

I've had this same problem. Have you been able to solve this? If so,
how, if not, please file a bug report (I could do that too, but it seems
you kept the messages).

In 2.4.20, this particular file doesn't get patched, so I'm using that
version for now (the build just succeeded 5 seconds ago), but I had to
downgrade kernel-patch-benh for that :-(.

--
Matijs van Zuijlen