Re: Ethernet problem -- Network completely dies

At 9:33 PM -0700 9/30/03, Chris Tillman wrote:
But it's quite likely
there could be some oxidation on the 6500's connector pins. This
might be helped by simply plugging and unplugging the cable, say
100 times, to rub through the oxidation layer.

Hmm well I'll give it a shot.

Related question: When I unplug the ethernet cable (the LED by the cable dims, of course), then when I plug it back in the light comes back on the the drive clicks like something is being accessed/written. Is there an internet connectivity log file that's being updated? I'd very much like to investigate that...

-- Zach