2.6.0-test5 (benh bitkeeper)

Hi,

I pulled linuxppc-2.5-benh from bitkeeper (ppc), and compiled it. So,
just reporting back progress on my ibook. I get an error when trying to
hdparm's. I send a message about this a while ago to this list, and Ben
gave me a patch. The patch worked fine, and i've read pmac.c code, and
the patch is active in there. I'd like to attach a dmesg, but for some
reason the kernel doesn't write to /var/log/dmesg or
/var/log/kernel.log.

Secondly, X loaded fine, but gdm failed to load completely (I have no
idea why this is). I also couldn't switch to a virtual console using the
normal combination alt-ctrl-fn-F1.

So, if anyone has any ideas, please respond :).

\LaShI

--
Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 (Sid) (ibook2,powerpc), kernel 2.4.21-ben2-xfs

Grub first, then ideals.
	-- Bertolt Brecht

<lashi@optusnet.com.au>
ICQ: 7181075

pub  1024D/CC1F67BC 2002-06-03 Menaka Lashitha Bandara (Freedom!)
<lashi@lashitha.org>
     Key fingerprint = 1874 5597 C754 5209 0A7D  4DA6 9112 5D0E CC1F
67BC