About yabootconfig

Hi everybody,
Last night I had a go with a make-kpkg for compiling a custom (debian) kernel image package which I subsequentely installed with dpkg -i (my kernel) onto the trusty iMac.

In the x386 environment the build-in installer script would also correct and finally, modify lilo.conf. and this would enable easy recovery in case the new kernel image fails after installation and reboot.

I was expecting dpkg to work much the same with .confyaboot but apparently it didn't as not only I had to reboot after a system crash but also to reinstall the whole thing to get control back. I guess there must be a better way to recover from a mistake.... but

What am I doing wrong?

Pieter