Re: 2.2 powerpc kernels in unstable ???

Sorry for stepping in late; I was on holiday...

On  27 Aug, this message from Chris Tillman echoed through cyberspace:
> But I haven't heard of anyone being able to use quik with 2.4 kernels,

I do quite successfully both on a 7600 and a beige G3...

> again it may be a quik limitation on image size, the limitation seems
> to crop up around 2.3 MB. BootX will boot a 2.4 image on oldworlds.

The kernel I use on the 7600 is 3624801 bytes, that's 3540 K or 3.45 M.
So there is no general hard limit at 2.3 MB...

Cheers

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan@cpu.lu            |