Re: swap ctrl<->caps lock problem

On Sun, Aug 31, 2003 at 08:01:39PM +0000, Gabriel Paubert wrote:

> Brokenness of ADB keyboards. The keyboard driver only reports events when
> the keyboard reports that a key has been pressed or released. But the
> ADB keyboard itslef keeps the state of the the key and reports one
> one half the key events (key-down, nothing on key-up, nothing on
> key-down, key-up).
>
> Forget about using Caps-Lock as Control, unless Segher finally
> finds a way to modify the PMU99 code to remove this oddity.
> (It has to be optional to work with MacOS).

debian-powerpc discussed this pretty thouroughly and a couple of
people came up with a fix for powerbook laptops (not others, though):
see the thread starting here:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2001/debian-powerpc-200108/msg01075.html

i've used the patch in this mail

http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2001/debian-powerpc-200108/msg01075.html

for a couple of years now and it works "well enough" (have to hit caps
lock if it gets into a "ctrl-lock" state ).  I don't know if this
patch still works with the 12" powerbooks, since i don't have one of
those :>

==rob

--
Rob Latham                                        Chicago, IL USA