Re: Re: BIG Problem with Debian 3.0 / Bootloader / PowerMac 7500/100

> Macs can usually be tricked into booting off other media (such as an
> install CD, floppy or even a MacOS CD) by holding down a key
> combination
> during boot (i.e press power and then press and hold the key
> combination
> until you see your desired effect)
>
> c (for CDROM)
> Apple-Option-Shift-Delete (scan for other media)
> Option (just to be weird, some macs seem to accept this too)

That's the usual behaviour of an Apple Macintosh with Mac OS on it.
That's right. But now on this Mac, where I installed Debian Linux with
this $%&§!-Bootloader, it doesn't work any more! That's why I think,
this Bootloader was written into the BIOS or whatever.
O.K., I'm not really sure about it, but before I installed the new OS,
there was ALWAYS a smiling mac or a floppy appearing on the screen
BEFORE loading any OS. Even with the install-floppy of debian this
startup screen appeared.

Mitsch