Re: ?how to stop beeps at X startup

Hello,

At this time the powerbook beeps three times. one high tone- one lower tone- one high tone.
fairly quickly.
I want to stop the beeps.

First, you can open gnome-volume-control and set the speaker to "0".

Secondly, if this happens again next boot, I think you can mofify /etc/aumixrc like this :

vol:100:100:P
bass:50:50:P
treble:50:50:P
pcm:80:80:P
speaker:0:0:P  # <----- 0 for speaker
mix:0:0:P
pcm2:0:0:P

I think there's a gnome-bug, this operation must be repeated sometimes...

I was trying to find the lines that start gdm [gnome-session](xdm,kdm) but I cant find them in xinitrc,
/etc/X11/Xsession and I dont have any home .xsession file.
Are the beeps related to  X starting?

IMHO : no. Try to connect something at the USB bus, before mutting the speaker. I'm not sure, but you'll hear a beep every time you connect or disconnect a device.

Hope this can help you

--
NO SOFTWARE PATENTS IN EUROPA / NON AUX BREVETS SUR LES LOGICIELS EN EUROPE. Voir / see http://swpat.ffii.org/

eric b