Re: firewire drive - problems

Hi,

Grzesiek Sedek <grzesiek@mi2.hr> writes:

> Hi I'm about to install debian on xserve but I have a problem to see
> firewire drive ( xserve in target mode) Could anyone tell me exact
> steps needed to see firewire drive?

1. Load Firewire modules, `modprobe ohci1394' should be sufficient.
   Check kernel log to see whether host controller and drive are
   found.

2. Load SCSI emulation modules with `modprobe sbp2; modprobe sd' (IIRC).

3. Rescan SCSI bus, check whether drive appears in /proc/scsi/scsi.

4. Use drive to your heart's delight, e.g. with `mac-fdisk /dev/sda'.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!