Re: OF won't show!

On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 12:10:49AM +0200, Bj?rn S?derqvist wrote:
> I changed a parameter in /etc/quik.cfg:
> auto-boot=false
> and ran quik. Now when I reboot I am supposed to se an Open Firmware
> prompt, right? I don't see anything! Where is my Open Firmware?

Many earlier models don't drive the video in OF. Others, you can
get the video to turn on by setting the console variable to
your video card, rather than the default which is the serial port.

You can see OF if you hook up another computer to your computer's
modem port, start a terminal program, and then boot your computer.

More details are at www.netbsd.org ...

At this point, your computer is halting in OF, waiting for your command,
but you can't see it. Probably the keyboard is not addressed either,
but one thing to try is type boot <return> to see if it will continue
booting back into Linux.

Another option is to use Cmd-Opt-P-R during the start chime to reset
your PRAM to factory defaults; if you still have MacOS on the machine
it will then start that. If you don't, don't bother; you won't be
any further along.

--
Debian GNU/Linux Operating System
  By the People, For the People