Re: iSight & Airport station.

On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 01:49:58PM -0600, Jay Graves wrote:
> I have an iSight and can give this a go.

Great.  I guess you did the first part.  It seems that this package:
http://www.tele.ucl.ac.be/PEOPLE/DOUXCHAMPS/ieee1394/coriander/

Is needed to view and control the camera.  It also says it can do "V4L
export to other software like Gnomemeeting, Xawtv, Effetv,... "

Incidentally, Coriander is in debian.  Apt-get should work!

After that, when you run coriander, I hope it will be obvious what to do
next.  Screen shots at:
http://www.tele.ucl.ac.be/PEOPLE/DOUXCHAMPS/ieee1394/coriander/picpage.html
make it look like V4L export should be easy.

It seems strange to me that you need a userspace application to make the
camera availible as a V4L device, maybe there is another way (or plans
for another way).

I look forward to hearing your results!

POB
--
boykin@pobox.com    http://pobox.com/~boykin    jabber: johnynek@jabber.org
fingerprint=159A FA02 DF12 E72F B68F  5B2D C368 3BCA 36D7 CF28