Re: gprs, bluetooth and t68i

On 15 Aug 2003 22:48:35 +0200
Jean-Christophe Michel <jc.michel@symetrie.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to connect using gprs (in France) with debian unstable,

yuk, i use it whit sarge an a t39m and everything works ok... i tried the t68 of a friend o'mine and works too, so let's see...

> Unfortunately i cannot go further than seeing the phone and its
> services,
> and trying to connect to the phone via /dev/rfcomm0 linked to channel
> 1 (DUN) of the phone. I tried many ppp confs and i'm really unsure on
> how to do this.

you have to use /dev/rfcomm0 just as any other serial device, and i have the speed set to 9600 (in /etc/ppp/peers/gprs, assuming you name the provider "gprs")
chatscript file, /etc/chatscripts/gprs, is as follow:

=====8<-------

"" ATZ
OK AT&F
OK ATV1E0S0=0&D2&C1
OK AT+CMEE=1
OK ATD*98*2#
CONNECT ""

where you setup various thing on the phone for gprs (sincerely i don' remember where i found those:-)), then you 'call' with ATD*98*2#,
where "2" is the ID of the connection set on the phone, sorry i don't remember t68 menus...
so if gprs connecyion ID you would like to use is "4" you have to modify 2 in the string.

try and maybe enjoy, if not hear ya soon!
fare well, Paul

> When i do pon, i see the pppd process hanging just before ip
> negociation.Phone is 'COnnecting...' forever.

exactly, at what point of ppp process hang??? see log lines of /var/log/syslog,