Re: make-kpkg modules_image on PBG4 12" debian unstable

Sven Luther wrote:

On Sun, Aug 17, 2003 at 10:30:17AM +0200, Pander wrote:
Hi all,

make-kpkg modules_image doesn't work on my machine. Has anyone some pointers for me? Can this be because of runnig make-kpkg config? Anyways, the problem is the empty for it is doing. See the output below.

Sorry, it is not real clear what the problem is.

I guess that make-kpkg modules_image get launched, but faim to build any
modules, is this right ?

If yes, the most probable cause is that you have nothing in
/usr/src/modules, you have to first unpack the modules files from
/usr/src/module_foo.tgz.

The normal make modules still works OK

But this does something else, it just builds the builting modules, which
is part of the make-kpkg kernel-image target. modules_image is only for
external modules, like the dri, mol or alsa modules for example.

Aha, now I see. So since I have removed mol-modules, make-kpkg modules_image isn't doing anything anymore, since all the normal modules get build by make-kpkg kernel_image. Thanks for your feedback on this.

Pander

Friendly,

Sven Luther