Re: 22" apple flatpanel

On Wed, 2003-08-13 at 18:32, Adam H. Done wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-08-12 at 23:19, Yves Combe wrote:
>
> > What you need exactly? The Modelines for XF86Config-4?
> I pluged the flat panel and the only way i can boot into linux with it
> is to append video=ofonly in the boot process and then the ttys work
> but when ever I try to start X - it gives me errors.  I have found out
> that no matter what monitor (lcd or crt) when i use video=ofonly I can
> not run X.  I can't even get a boot process if I don't append any
> video info.

Depends on your XF86Config actually ;) And what version of XFree you are
running. Some really recent XFree ATI and "nv" drivers can do proper DDC
probing of the monitor (though some Apple monitors will also report
incorrect informations I've been told :(

Did you try booting the kernel with video=radeon:dfp ?