Re: Meta Alt oh my!

> > 	About X, I did found about alt:swapmeta, and understand it is
> > obsolete.  I also found altwin:meta_win, is that the right one to use?
>
> 	Did some experimenting, altwin:meta_win does work, but only
> for the first server -- I use two servers in this system, started by
> gdm.  Anyone has any idea why only the first server gets the
> behaviour, if XFree86 is globally configured?

Hmm. That it only works on display :0 seems like a bug. A way to work around
it would be with xmodmap. If you run xev, it will show you all of the X
events that it sees, including keypresses. That'll give you which keysyms or
keycodes to switch when using xmodmap.

Put these into a file .Xmodmap:

keycode 116 = Meta_L
keycode 64 = Alt_L

Then run xmodmap .Xmodmap and see if that helps in X. Those keycodes are
correct here, but I already have Alt and Meta properly done on my original
iBook. Use xev to get the keycodes of your keys.

BTW, what kind of keyboard is it? (US, French, etc...)

> 	Also, couldn't yet get the console right :(...

Yeah, console keyboards and X keyboards are different beasts.

1. Select keymap from arch list
4. qwerty
32. US american
1. Apple USB

Then you'll see that 'mac-usb-us' is installed. Do you have something else?

Frank