Dead ethernet on iMac - looking for a solution

Hello,

Some week ago I have lost ethernet on my iMac G3/350, probably due to
thunderstorm. I think all I can do is to replace the mainboard, which
would cost a lot of money. I am thinking of using some external usb
ethernet adaptor, but which one shall I choose to be sure I will not
have problems? I use Debian Linux, so it must be supported by it. Please
recommend me, what device I should buy. Or maybe there is some other
solution?

Best regards,
Łukasz Studziński
Poland