GNOME Breakage

Hi,

It had to happen eventually and now it has - I upgraded from a version of
Debian unstable on my G4 Powerbook which had been running for 6 months.

I am now running testing and feel a little more confident that it is a
reasonable compromise between features and having to use the machine every
day for work purposes. I am in the middle of updating the kernel to one
which will support sleep and rebuilding FreeSWAN, patched pcmcia-cs, etc.

ANYWAY I am yet another victim of the GNOME 2 started message about the
Settings Daemon restarting too many times and I think this is related to
having both gconfd 1 and 2 installed and in the dependency tree.
I DO have gnome-control-center installed.

I am sure there is a standard answer by now so can someone tell me please?

Jon.