xlibs breaking dependencies

Hi

I wanted to install some X11 related packages from sid, but they all have broken dependencies ["( ... ) but it is not going to be installed"]. So far, so good. When following those dependencies, it ultimately leads to xlibs, where it reads:

 	xlibs (> 4.2.0) but 4.1.0-16 is to be installed

Huh, I mean, what should that tell me?? If doing an apt-cache policy xlibs, there is a 4.2.1-9 install candidate, and when checking http://http.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/x/xfree86/ there is obviously a binary available too. Furthermore, apt-get -u -t unstable install xlibs doesn't mention any problems.

What is the problem? I am seeing this behaviour an all of my boxen, so it does not seem to be triggered by strange package combinations et al.

--
Best wishes,
Andi