Re: ibook2

On Thursday 24 July 2003 22:46, Heinz Kirchmann wrote:
> Problem 2:
> I would like to drive the external VGA connector for mirroring, but I
>
> didn't manage to enable it using m3mirror:

There are 2 ways for M7, depending on your XFree86.

- using 4.2.0 (I had dri-branch installed),
VGA initialization was done directly after logging into a console using a
self-written script from http://mindx.dyndns.org/stuff/ibook/

- using 4.3.0 (Daniel Stone's packages), this approach stopped working,
however the one I formerly found being valid for PowerBooks (TiBook), i.e.
holding the lid closed while booting with VGA connector plugged in, works.
Under some circumstances the display doesn't show anything however.

I have uploaded my current config as well, hopefully it works.
Note that it's all about the "how", not about the "why" :)

Josef

--
Play for fun, win for freedom.
Hurd^H^H^H^HLinux-Info-Tag Dresden 2003: http://www.linux-dresden.de