Re: kernel oops aic7xxx driver (warning attachments!)

On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 09:53, Fred Heitkamp wrote:
> On 23 Jul 2003, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
>
> See if this helps:  I'm pretty much a virgin at this stuff.
>
> > Can you try putting the 2.4.20 aic7xxx driver into 2.4.21
> > and let me know if that fixes it ? Also, The oops log is
>
> I will try to do this in the next few days.

The results you posted are weird... those insmod errors etc...

It seem you have something not matching between the running kernel,
the modules installed and /boot/System.map. Make sure you do a
_clean_ build of all these.

A real clean build means you backup the .config file, do
make "distclean", restore the .config file, do

make oldconfig
make dep
make
make modules