Re: Xpmac couldn't find font 'fixed'

I'm running Debian on a Performa 6360 which uses the 'valkyrie' video driver.

Also, my original problem seems to have been solved by a weekend away from it - when I booted the computer again, an X login screen appeared. I entered my name and password, and pressed return. The screen flickered, and turned blue, and then reloaded the login screen. I can't get a prompt back, and I can't login. What can I do now?