RE: Trackpad problems

this is probably a stupid question but,
can you do it manually? (i.e., typing it at the command line?)
I just want to make sure that the command is available and usable.

try putting the full path for trackpad in the script -> eg:
/usr/bin/trackpad notap
also, do you need to specify S## & K## w/ update-rc.d?  (i don't use it, so
I am unsure).
make sure the script is executable.