Re: Starting X in Debian on a Performa 6360

Em Fri, 11 Jul 2003 13:24:14 -0700, Steven escreveu:

> (II) VGA: Generic VGA driver (version 4.0) for chipsets: generic
> (EE) No devices detected.
>
> Fatal server error:
> no screens found
>
> I have a standard Apple monitor, and the built-in video card.  What's
> wrong?  Thanks.

	Check your dmesg, it tells the name of the adaptor.  Should be one of
valkyrie, platinum or whatever else, but definetly not VGA.

	Sorry but I don't remember how to make it work, only that it had
something to do with fb (framebuffer).  Perhaps you could try to
autodetect.

	Would someone else in the list help?

--
Leandro Dutra