Re: 2.4.21-ben2 and acard aec6280m (CONFIG_AEC62XX_TUNING)

On Mon, 2003-07-07 at 12:06, Menaka Lashitha Bandara wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-07-07 at 05:37, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > > looks like multcount is the key.
> >
> > Does it work better if you use hdparm to switch multcount back
> > to 0 ?
>
> On my onboard pmac controller, it either hangs, with "lost interrupt"
> being repeated, or resets ide0.
>
> I thought that it might be because you've changed DMA_TIMEOUT to 100
> from 500. When I recompiled with 500 again, it didn't change anything.
> The driver pmac.c simply cannot get a dma, and doesn't have multicount
> enabled.

Hrm... And the version in 2.4.20 worked ? That's really weird, the
basic mecanism didn't change nor the timing calculations... Can you
edit the driver in both kernels and turn

#undef IDE_PMAC_DEBUG

into

#define IDE_PMAC_DEBUG

And tell me the messages displayed about the timing register setting ?

Ben.