Re: Apple PowerMac G5

Em Sat, 05 Jul 2003 22:47:08 +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven escreveu:

> On Sat, 5 Jul 2003, [iso-8859-1] Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra wrote:
>>
>> 	There was never MS WNT for the PA-RISC.  There was for SPARC,
>> but never saw the light of the day.  Likewise Solaris for the PowerPC
>
> Are you sure you didn't mean MIPS? NT/SPARC would be the only port of a Windows
> variant to a big endian platform...

	No, MIPS was supported and there were such systems.  One such was a NEC
system using the same beautiful case as the x86 system NEC sold in OEM
regime to ISVs all over the world.

	The SPARC port I am not one hundred percent sure: a coworker went into a
visit at Sun's hearquarters back then and said he saw MS-WNT running in a
pilot.

--
 _
/ \  Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra     +41 (21) 648 11 34