Re: iMac USB keyboard LEDs

On Sat, Jun 21, 2003 at 01:24:01AM -0800, Torben Brosten wrote:
> On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 06:46:26PM -0400, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > I have an iMac running unstable with kernel 2.4.18 (though I think 2.2.20
> > had the same problem) and the keyboard LEDs are all wacked out.
> >
> > The "num lock" light reflects the inverse of the caps lock state (off=on,
> > on=off).
> >
> > The "caps lock" light is always on.
> >
> > There is no "scroll lock" light or key, but when I use setleds to toggle
> > scroll lock, it toggles the state of both the "num lock" and "caps lock"
> > LEDs.
> >
> > Has anyone else seen this?  A few google searches didn't turn up anything
> > interesting; it doesn't interefere with any functionality, but I'm sure
> I'm
> > not the only one affected.
>
> A ppc BW mac here with an "Apple Pro Keyboard" (running woody stable
> 2.4.18-newpmac) is showing the same symptoms. Thankfully, the keys seem to
> work as expected when ignoring the lights.  The symptoms appear after
> capslock is pressed once. Until then, neither of the lights are on.

On my iMac, pushing the caps lock key doesn't set the led either way;
but I get a spewed console message: usbkbd.c: led urb status -32 received

It's really gotten to be annoying. Does anyone know how to turn it off?

My kernel is 2.4.20-powerpc from the debian archive.

--
Debian GNU/Linux Operating System
By the People, For the People