alpha version of knoppix MiB ppc looks for testeurs

THIS IS AN ALPHA VERSION FOR TEST ONLY

It's a debian based LiveCD.
The description of the knoppix-MiB (i386 version) is here:
https://www.bouissou.net/knoppix-mib/doc-html/Knoppix-Mib.html

The PPC version works on my pmac dual mirrored doors and on an imac 500.
I have absolutely no idea if it can work on another machines. If you try, let
me know your success and failures.

it's only a knoppix recompiled with a few modification (modelines, ...)
If you want to test it, and report me your debian configuration and your
problems, it's in the PPC-alpha directory in the mirrors; please check md5sum
et sig.

Missing features (looking at the PC version) and known problems:
* no swapfile (coming soon): you need at least 128M RAM, or a swap partition
called swap (see below)
* pc keyboards instead of macintosh one's
* buttons 2 and button 3 emulation is not active by default.
* some programs crash or are incomplete (nessus).
*french language as a default
*somme option at boot time don't work (expert, failsafe)
* IF YOU HAVE A PARTITION CALLED "swap", IT WILL BE USED FOR  ENCRYPTED SWAP
AND WILL BE ERASED.

in my personnal configuration it work only with
"knoppix video=ofonly flatpanel" (nvidia Geforce4 mx 420, apple studio 15)
there is crtcnumber=# option in the boot too.

loop-aes and cryptoloop crypto are in the kernel. The mount has the patch for
both.

don't try it if you not assume this fact: it will probably not work on your
machine!!!

i just need some testeurs, thanks.

PS: kernel 2.4.20-ben10, XFree 4.3.0-0ds4, kde, OOo1.0.3(fr)

--
Yves Combe