Docs for installing X on a Powerbook G4

Hi there.

Does anybody know about good, correct documentation
on how to install X on a PBG4?

So far I only found "pieces" of information, dispersed on
several WWW pages, but nothing that really helped so far.

I'm trying to install X here since several days, to no
avail so far .... so I re-installed completely Debian 3.0-r1,
and before messing things up on the machine, I'd prefer
to have docs that work here.

I'd like to know how to do it, without the need to guess ...

Kernel-Version here, AFAICT, as shipped: 2.4.18-newpmac,
no X-stuff so far on this install.

Hardware:
PowerbooK G4, 3,5 (version = 3.2)
867 MHz