Re: french keyboard on Pismo

> Then it appears that X has a bug, while console-tools correctly supports
> this early iMac CRT keyboard (the original narrow keyboard, before the Pro
> model).

After you've configured X (with `dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86`), what does
the Keyboard InputDevice section in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 look like? Also,
I'm assuming that for the first question about configuring Xfree, you
selected "yes" to let debconf manage the file.

My Keyboard InputDevice section looks like this:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver          "keyboard"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "xfree86"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "macintosh"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "us"
EndSection

Yours would look the same, but the XkbLayout would be "fr" I'd think.

Frank