Re: Gentoo PPC LiveCDs

On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 04:18:57PM +0100, Oliver Ripka wrote:

> > I suggest a sid-system. does someone else have suggestions ?
> > Think, in 1 or 2 days we have somewhat useful.
>
> Nice thing, you are doing there. So the treath was not in every way
> useless.

:)

> But, do you really want to make the cd off a the unstable tree?

good question.
unstable / stable both have their existence.

> IMHO the current unstable tree is _really_ what is called to be:
> unstable.

let say dangerouse :) some people say a unstable debian is more stable
than a german S**E.

> Some examples:
>
> - mol does work since about 3 weaks
> - install-keymap does not work since latest dpkg-upgrade
> - evolution is broken
>
> this is not a good basis for a live cd.

that a packager waits 3 weeks in order to fix a bug ?

> So my suggestion is to use stable.

IÂŽm also a friend of stable. ButI`m not sure
if it makes sense to backport 1000 of packages.

But if you promise to send me the missing packages
i`ll choose woody.I guess we hit a common problem

Cheers
amu