Re: does WinTV Go work with PPC?

On 5 Jun 2003, Grzesiek Sedek wrote:

> Is it possible to use WinTV Go BT878 capture card with G3 on LinuxPPC?
> Thanks.

If you look at the latest bttv sources (development, 0.91 version) there
are the following lines in the code:

        { 0x13eb0070, BTTV_HAUPPAUGE878,  "Hauppauge WinTV" },
        { 0x39000070, BTTV_HAUPPAUGE878,  "Hauppauge WinTV-D" },
        { 0x45000070, BTTV_HAUPPAUGEPVR,  "Hauppauge WinTV/PVR" },

indicating some level of support for these cards.  My guess is that if
it IS BT 878 based, it should mostly work - though you may find some
things that might not ...

Take a look at this thread from a few days ago:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2003/debian-powerpc-200306/msg00018.html

It asks a slightly different question than you do, but the follow-up
answers should be informative.

cheers
vinai

P.S. To get my real e-mail, change "4" to "for" in the above address