Re: German keyboard and X on PB Ti 1GHz

Hi Michel

On Wednesday 04 June 2003 01:45, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-05-29 at 00:07, Krisztian Mark Szentes wrote:
> > Whoever is the maintainer for X (Mr. Dänzer?), you could perhaps
> > include a new keymap variant like xfree86/macintosh/de/pc-like where
> > there is an AltGR key.
>
> An addition to /etc/X11/xkb/symbols/alt or something might be better.
>
> Anyway, don't expect any work from me in this area, except maybe helping
> to get patches integrated.
thanks for the hand you give us. I would get into it but I did not find the
documentation for the keymaps in XFree86.

The /etc/X11/xkb/symbols/alt seems to be a good place but I do not know its
syntax.

All I need is:
keycode 108 = Mode_switch

It should be something like this:

// make the Keypad Enter right of the space bar ALTGR key
partial modifier_keys
xkb_symbols "powerbookenterisaltgr" {
    key <KP_Enter> {        [       Mode_switch       ]       };
};

? or:

    key <KP_Enter>  {  symbols[Group1] = [ Mode_switch ] };

I have to check where to chose the XkbVariant, because the Option
"XkbVariant" "powerbookenterisaltgr" doesn't make any difference.

Salut

Mark

--
Krisztian Mark Szentes
produktivIT   -  Open-Source Solution Provider