gphoto2 on powerpc [was: gphoto2 segfaults on my iBook]

Sorry for the delay before noticing this thread.
I am the maintainer of gphoto2 and also a gphoto project member.

The situation is the following:

. The libusb package currently in sid IS broken.
   see: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=170440

. The problem is not new and was already there with the previous package
but I did a binary upload to fix the problem (I should certainly not
have done so).

. The problem (bug) is triggered by the way the package is build. The
easy fix is to remove the use of the arch-dependant build directory.
That's what do a patch I proposed a long time ago in the BTS (and you
can still find it in the bug entry cited above).

. The correct fix would be to find the bug. I have done some work on
that some times ago but the auto{conf,make,...} stuff make it difficult.
If someone is willing to do some bug hunting, please do so.

I have placed working libusb packages here:
   http://cattlegrid.net/~christophe/tmp/

Note that I am not the libusb maintainer where the bug is.

Christophe

On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 10:07:47PM +0200, Kiko Piris wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have an iBook bought 2 weeks ago.
>
> /proc/cpuinfo says:
> | machine         : PowerBook4,3
> | motherboard     : PowerBook4,3 MacRISC2 MacRISC Power Macintosh
> | detected as     : 257 (iBook 2 rev. 2)
>
> I'm running Debian sid and my kernel is:
>
> | kiko@sacarino $ cat /proc/version
> | Linux version 2.4.20-ben10 (root@sacarino) (gcc version 3.2.3) #1 mar may 20 18:59:28 CEST 2003
>
> The only thing I have not been able to make it work is my digital camera
> (Canon Ixus v2) with gphoto2: it segfaults.

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
-- Albert Einstein