Re: Trouble installing on a 7500/100

Hm. Yeah, I think it might be something wrong with my machine, because I
get all kinds of strange errors when I try to manually install any of the
downloaded deb's - things like "couldn't find lib<strangecharacter>.x.x.x"
- I think my machine is corrupting data pretty massively. Oh well,
whatever. It's a worthless old piece of junk anyway :)
	-Josiah

On Mon, 19 May 2003, Chris Tillman wrote:

On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 09:19:04AM -0400, Wm. Josiah Erikson wrote:
> Hello all,
> 	I have been having trouble installing debian woody on my 7500/100.
> I get this message:
> "http://http.us.debian.org:80/debian/pool/main/s/shellutils/shellutils_2.0.11-11_powerpc.deb
> was corrupt"
> I have tried it several times, each time starting over with
> reformatting the drive and everything, and it continues to happen. I have
> a 1GB hard drive and 128MB of RAM in said machine. Any ideas? More info
> needed?
> 	Thanks ahead of time,
> 	-Josiah

How big is your root partition? Do you have all your partitions
mounted while installing? One possibility is the installer running out
of room on your partition. You could check this by executing df in a
shell after the error.

I checked the md5sum of the archive file, and it's correct; it also
unpacks without error.