iBook clam shell: a few questions

Hello,

a friend was asking me if its possible to play divx and other videos on
an iBook 266 / 300 (clam shell) seamlessly. Since my G3 500 iBook only
uses about one third of the CPU while playing such videos, I think that
it should be possible as one third would be 167 MHz. But still, should
I advise her to buy a used clam shell or not?
Would it be possible to run OSX Jaguar on such a machine or is that too
slow?

What kind of battery does it have (Lithium, NiMH, NiCd)?

Bye, claas

PS: yes, I know that the speaker is only mono.