Re: Debian + Mac OS X and time problems ...

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 07:13:31PM +0200, Tim Weippert wrote:

> HI there,
>
> i have both Debian (SID) and Mac OS X on a Powerbook G4. I have read
> that Mac OS X use UTC to save/set the hardware clock.
>
> I thought i have to say my Debian installation, that the clock will be
> set to GMT and then calc the right time depend on the timezone, but it
> is strange, the time isn't correct, it's about 20 hours in the future.
>
> I can't figure out what i have to do to have the right time wihtin Mac
> OS X and Debian (CEST Timezone Europe/Berlin)?

OS X may be cognizant of UTC. But I suspect to be compatible with
OS9 on the same machine, the rtc would still need to be in local
time because it always was in Pre-X Mac OSs. Otherwise the time
would change when switching between OS 9 and OS X.

--
Debian GNU/Linux Operating System
By the People, For the People