Re: standby issue on a TiBook III / latest benh's and daenzer's

On Mon, 2003-05-05 at 11:27, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> Stanby works correctly if X isn't running. If X is running (no matter on
> which console) the laptop go in standby but fail to recover from it,
> somethings wake up (like keyboard leds) but the display doesn't. The
> machine seems not to be reacheable also via network.

I just saw exactly this behavior due to pbbuttonsd not running.  It
attempted to start but failed because /dev/cdrom symlink did not exist.
Attempting to start pbbuttonsd from the command line

# pbbuttonsd

revealed it's problem with no /dev/cdrom symlink.