Re: nVidia-PPC-Linux drivers

On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 01:58:18PM -0500, Orion Buckminster Montoya wrote:
> If we're going to get other GNU/Linux user lists involved, we should
> be banding together to exert more pressure on nVidia to release specs
> to Free Software developers.  A binary-only solution is a worse
> solution than what we have now.

No, this will never happen, do you really think that if we were not able
to get docs for the DRI and such up to now, they will sudenly release
them for a small bunch of people who should be running macos X even.
Also, it is not enough to have the docs, you also need the competent
people to write the drivers with it.

Finally, if more and more arches do need support, maybe they will find
it after a time that building on all those arches is more of a bother
than a benefit, maybe they will give the specs for a free implementation
or something.

Friendly,

Sven Luther